REQUIREMENTS OF AGENCY
• Loyalty: This is a bedrock duty requiring that the agent always act solely in the best interests of the client.
• Confidentiality: Even after a deal has closed, into the future, the agent must always safeguard the client's confidences and secrets.
• Disclosure: The agent must disclose to the client all information that's material and relevant. To help decide if something is material, think: would the client change a decision about buying or selling or change a negotiation based on the information if disclosed.
• Obedience: If it's not illegal to do so, the agent must do what the client wants them to do.
• Reasonable Care and Diligence: Be competent and do the job right.
• Accounting: Account for all monies or property belonging to the client.
Being a true agent is a much higher level of representation, and no real estate professional should be practicing as an agent without a full understanding of what it means, as well as the approval of their broker.
YOU ARE ALWAYS IN CONTROL!